Monday, June 6, 2011

Banana Chip & Almond Muffin Top Cookies


Ha! Gotta love that title! I promise these only taste like a muffin top...they will not GIVE you a muffin top! If you don't know what I mean....don't worry about it:)

Yes these cookies basically taste like a muffin top. I had a ton of over ripe bananas...and wasn't in the mood for muffins...so I came up with these. They were an instant hit and super easy...definitely will whip them up again!! I was thankful that I made a double batch - must have been feeling optimistic! Super healthy...filling...and simple:)

Banana Chip & Almond Muffin Top Cookies


1 1/4 c almond flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 c dark chocolate chips
3 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt


Mash bananas...cream in the almond butter...add all other ingredients and stir! Dough will be very moist so I recommend lining your pan with parchment. Scoop out dough into little rounded circles. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes...or until centers don't seem doughy any more (the same you would for muffins?). Let cool completely on pan...will be moist and delicate at first.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment