Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake!


Now that's a mouthful!! Don't you just love Levi's cheeky look in this photo??!! He totally dipped his finger in the cake!! I wonder who taught him that one:)

We celebrated my wonderful husband's birthday on Friday...yes...he's an April Fool baby...gotta love that!! You can't go wrong when making a dessert for Jay...he loves anything involving cake and ice-cream...so I thought I'd combine the two this year for him! I've made ice-cream cakes before...but kept them a little more on the simple side. I'm not even sure where the idea for this one came...but it was AMAZING...and SO simple to make! It got 5 gold stars all around in this house, and needless to say we rolled ourselves to bed afterwards! The leftovers got put in the freezer...and I don't think they'll last long!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice-Cream Cake

Bake this cake...or any chocolate cake. This is a GREAT one though!

Freeze so it's easier to cut into layers.

Take frozen layers apart.

Start with one layer of cake...

Add one container of this...

Another layer of frozen cake...

Melt half a jar of this...pour over top...

Whip half a container of this until softened...smooth out on top! (note: you could use coconut milk vanilla here instead and this would be dairy free! Jay just happens to be a huge fan of this vanilla)

Voila!

Return to freezer until about 15 minutes before serving.

Ideally I would have melted some chocolate...thickened it a bit...put it in a piping bag and did some pretty designs on top...or wrote his name...but in the moment I just didn't think these 3 cake-hungry boys would care:) We'll save the pretty designs for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment