Thursday, May 10, 2012

Avacado Egg Salad


So if you're like me and spend far too much time browsing Pinterest...then you've seen the many many Avocado Egg Salad Recipes.  Well...today I could just not get them out of my mind so I decided to give it a whirl!  I quickly realized that they all vary quite a bit...and for most of them I wasn't a fan of certain ingredients they used...so I made my own based on what we had on hand.  The result...AMAZING!  All of them had some form of mayonnaise...which is not something I normally buy and didn't want to buy just to make egg salad...so I left it out and I honestly don't think you can even notice!  The avocado gives that creamy texture you'd normally get from mayonnaise.

So here's my take on this delicious and filling lunch!  I made mine into a wrap...but certainly some fresh bread would make a great sandwich too!  Enjoy!

Avocado Egg Salad
makes 2 large wraps, or 3-4 sandwiches

1 avocado, pitted and mashed
4 eggs, hard boiled
2 dill pickles, chopped
2 stalks of celery, finely diced
salt and pepper
1 squeeze of lemon juice
fresh dill or chives

Directions

Peel your hard boiled eggs, then separate the yolks from the white.  Mash the yolks in with the avocado.  Season with salt & pepper and lemon juice.  Add in pickles, celery and chopped egg whites.

Prep wrap...I put a very thin spread of cream cheese on mine, with a squirt of dijon mustard.  Then added a layer of spinach to the whole wrap, followed by some purple cabbage (for crunch and colour!)...really any veggies would taste amazing!  Then add the avocado egg salad and wrap it up!  You will LOVE it!

Alright enjoy...I'm wishing I had made more than one servings worth!!  Jay's out of town...so I may just be having another one of these for my dinner tonight!

PS...incase any of you missed out on our exciting announcement over the weekend...here you go!!  We are thrilled!








No comments:

Post a Comment