Friday, October 7, 2011

Harvest Cake with Vanilla Cashew Cream Icing



It was an extra special day in the Wiebe house yesterday! Levi turned TWO!! He lights up this house...we love him. I bookmarked this recipe a few weeks back thinking it would make a yummy birthday cake for our Levi...gotta love a flavourful fall recipe!! What I REALLY loved about this BIRTHDAY cake was that I knew every single bite contained something that was actually BENEFITING our boys' bodies!! Now that's almost an oxymoron! I appreciate the 'homemade' appeal to this cake...that's kinda what birthday's should be all about:) We gladly gave Levi a 2nd piece!!

I could tell from the beginning steps of making this cake, based on the smell that filled our house, that it was a good one! Will definitely make this cake again. The kids AND adults loved it...especially the 'icing'! Made the recipe pretty much 'as-is'. Although I used fresh pressed apple juice out of our juicer...so I found the icing a but thick to blend so I added a bit of lemon juice and coconut oil. That's it! Garnished with raw almonds and dark chocolate chips...which left this two-year olds birthday cake practically a nutritional supplement! It was awesome...and FILLING! All those nuts in there make the cake go far.

ENJOY!! Would compliment any Thanksgiving dinner wonderfully this weekend!

Here's a few photos of the birthday boy in action:) Love our Levi!













No comments:

Post a Comment