Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cinnamon Pecan Crusted Salmon


Want to amaze some company this weekend? Or perhaps whip up a simple meal that will impress a certain special someone??!! Tried this for the first time last night...and it was a HIT! I knew Jay would be home later than normal last night for dinner...so I started to think about what I could make that would be different...especially since the boys would be in bed already and I wouldn't be distracted by them while I cook.

We both enjoy fish...and don't eat it nearly enough (I think this is the 4th time I've cooked salmon since we've been married??!!) For the amount of wow-factor and flavour this meal has, it's relatively simple and quick! For side dishes I included steamed broccoli (simple) and a mix of brown and wild rice (1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup wild rice....2 cups of water...bring to a boil...cover and simmer without removing lid for 45min...SIMPLE!)...they both tasted GREAT with the salmon...wouldn't have changed a thing!

The only downfall to this one? It smells remarkably similar to Apple Crisp while baking...Jay's heart skipped a beat when he walked in the door...it's the number one desert in his books! Note to self...next time have an Apple Crisp ready to slip in the oven when the salmon comes out! (I whipped up some AMAZING oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies while doing dishes though...always a favourite too...I'll share that recipe soon...my brother in Ontario considers them a food group all on their own...definitely a recipe everyone needs to have!)


Cinnamon Pecan Crusted Salmon

2 portions of salmon
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Organicville)
1/2 cup pecans, finely ground in a food processor
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the ground pecans with the cinnamon. Brush salmon pieces with BBQ sauce. Coat with pecan mixture, pressing so the mixture sticks.

Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Brown salmon on each side until pecan crust is golden. Remove and put on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork.

Enough for 2 portions of salmon.

AMAZING! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment